Events Scheduled For|
Sunday, May 7, 2023
- Hike for Hospice
- Host: Olds and District Hospice Society
- Description: The Olds and District Hospice Society is excited to make a big change to the annual Hike for Hospice. Executive Director, Mary Smith, says this year they will be hiking simultaneously on May 7th in both Olds and for the first time, in the Didsbury Memorial Park as well. Hike for Hospice is all about connecting and coming together to raise funds and awareness for Hospice Palliative Care in Mountain View County. Board member, Gord Krebs, encourages the community to support them by participating in the annual Hike for Hospice. Over the past year the Hospice Society's programs and services have seen a huge demand. The two community hospice suites located at Seasons Encore are being utilized every month. Our Nav-CARE program has assisted clients with alleviating the feelings of social isolation by connecting them with our amazing Volunteer Navigators and our bereavement programs continue to support people coping with loss. Smith says the Olds and District Hospice Society serves Mountain View County, so they really believe they need to get out to the outlying communities around Olds. Chair of the Didsbury Hike for Hospice is Mary Hatcher. Mary also serves as the Society's Vice-Chair. Register online at oldshospice.com. Smith says if you do raise any pledges this year, they will waive the registration fee of $20. Funds raised support the residents of Mountain View County, quality hospice community care so every dollar goes to support the direct cause.
- Location: Didsbury Memorial Park, 16th Street - 9:30 am
- Contact: Mary Smith - Phone: 403-586-9992 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calendars: Didsbury Community Calendar, Mountain View County Calendar
Back to the Calendar
Website design and maintenance by Windsor Graphics.